I’m sure you’ve been reading, listening and watching lots of experts share tips about what to do in this crisis. I don’t profess to have the magic wand, but I’ll add my two cents for my Latino audience.
Keep in mind that as a person with a Hispanic background who either grew up in Latin America or was raised by a family who did, you’re likely to have several traits that come very handy in times of crisis. They are the result of having experienced such unstable situations and having to adjust to changing conditions often. Some of these traits are your adaptability to change, your creativity, your ability to solve problems and your relationship-building skills. Here are a few things that you can do to showcase those traits at work:
• Come up with creative ways to cut expenses, such as sharing resources with companies or organizations in your industry.
• Conduct a brainstorming session with your teammates to discuss more effective ways to market your products or services.
• Build team spirit at a time when your company may have experienced job cuts and those of you who are left have a lot more work to do.
• Try to partner with non profit organizations or other companies to reach the same audience.
• Offer to assume a different role if you see that your job is not the most critical right now.
Remember, you have lots of built-in advantages. This is a great opportunity for you to show that you have what it takes to be a leader.